The DCSR (AFLC Application) provides a targeted method of reducing the power consumption to AS 4755 compliant appliances such as air conditioners. This gives electricity network operators the ability to reduce overall power consumption at critical times during peak load.
As the Demand Response Enabling Device (DRED) is based on ripple control technology, this unit receives Audio Frequency Load Control (AFLC) signals to directly activate the appropriate DRM modes.
The DCSR AFLC is capable of activating three different levels of demand response to AS 4755 compliant air conditioners:
- DRM1 which turns the “compressor off”. The minimum required to meet the Australian standard AS 4755.3.1
- DRM2 which runs the compressor at 50% of the rated Capacity kW
- DRM3 which runs the compressor at 75% of the rated Capacity kW
- Overall Dimension: 174 x 38 x 26mm
- Supply Voltage Range 216-264VAC 50Hz
- Power Consumption 0.2W Max
- DRM1, DRM2, DRM3 available
- IP64 Enclosure (Suitable for mounting in areas exposed to weather)
- SAA Approvals Number – SAA172887